Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Half-Up

I've done a previous post called "Second Day Curls" and these are also curls created by her braids from the day before. I had a bunch of emails asking about very basic hairstyles so I thought I would include this one. It's called the Half-Up and basically you only gather the hair above the ears into a ponytail. Once the hair is in the ponytail you can pull a bit of the hair forward to give a puffy look on top. You can also cinch the hair behind the elastic to make the ponytail look fuller. I didn't want a flower or bow to his the fullness so I inserted some bobby pin accessories. We use these a lot because they are just craft embellishments glues to a bobby pin and they give that floating effect. These are really easy to make and they look beautiful in updos and buns.

No comments: