Monday, October 4, 2010

The Cast

I was looking at my princess's hair after doing Red Light, Green Light and decided that I could take that to the extreme and  cover the entire ponytail.  That's how we came up with The Cast.  (It looks like a cast over a broken arm.)  :) 
 I always like to do a small Pull-Through on top of the head when all of the hair is being pulled back.  I think it adds a little flare to the style.
 Start with a ponytail and simply create your first Wrap around to hide the elastic. 
Make sure to pull all your Wrap Around ends through the elastic they're covering using a Topsy Tail.  This will make them hold tight and last all day long. 
 Under the first Wrap around you will want to add another elastic.  Have a Wrap Around on top of that one as well to hide the elastic. 
 Continue doing this all the way down the ponytail until it is fully covered except for the ends.  Add a hairclip and you're done!
 I'm going to have a fun variation on this idea coming up in my "Halloween Hairdos" that I'll be starting next week.  :)  Keep your eyes peeled for it! 

8 comments:

Chet and Lisa said...

I LOVE this one, but I am so lost! I am looking at it and can't figure out how to do it. Can you explain it again? Is it like many wraps put together or do you just wrap with one piece of hair?

Julie said...

Thanks for commenting on the other post because I sometimes foget to check back on these older ones. :) It's a separate piece of hair wrapped around each individual elastic. I don't use the same strand for all the wraps because it would run out before I got to the end. When you tie an elastic on, grab a small random piece of hair from just below the elastic, wrap it around a couple times and tuck it back into the elastic. Then tie another elastic just below and grab another random piece of hair from just below that new elastic and wrap that one around the new elastic. Hopefully that helps!

Chet and Lisa said...

It does!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Cute, I'm hoping to do it with your Halloween idea. How many elastics do you think you have there?
Sarah

Julie said...

I would say that I've used about 8 elastics on this one but it all depends on how long your princess's hair is.

Nikki said...

I am w/Lisa, Can you do a video demo. I loved this idea w/the skeleton. I would love 2 do this week before Halloween is over

Julie said...

I'm currently video-less because of a broken camcorder, disfunctional phone and husband out of town with my camera charger. I'll see if I can borrow one and hopefully get a vidoe up within the next day for you! No promises though because I'm at the mercy of neighbors. :)

Julie said...

Okay, we've got a video up now for you - it's not great but hopefully it will help! :)