Thursday, October 21, 2010

Halloween Hairdos: Spider Web

Now this one does require some time so make sure you don't plan to do this with only 5 minutes to spare.  :)  Also, you can recycle this style to create LOTS of different looks.  I'll add some more tomorrow. You'll see that it is worth the time that goes into it because you can get a few days of styles out of it.
Here are the little spider clips my princess and I made specifically for this hairstyle.  Aren't they cute?!
Have the hair completely wet and begin with a very TIGHT ponytail in the back of the head.  Make sure you gather all of the hair up into it. 
Now grab whatever color of elastics you want for the netting.  We started ours by breaking the ponytail into 6 small sections and tying each off with an elastic 1/2 inch above the starting elastic.  You'll want to pull each section outward along the head so that they are spreading out.  
*Tip: Use small claw clips to hold the sections you are not working with in place.*
Divide each new section into two equal pieces.  Combine the right piece and the left piece from the adjacent section with an elastic.  Continue doing this around the entire head until all 6 elastics are in for your second row of netting. 
Continue adding rows of netting as far out as you can go.  (It will depend on the length of your princess's hair.)  When you've reached a point where you're netting is finished, simply roll any extra hair into a small twist bun and secure it with a tiny claw clip.  You could also curl the ends if you would like, my princess just had tiny ends left over. 
Now you can grab your spider clips and add them wherever you like on your web. 
Don't forget to check back to see the "Haunted House", "Trick or Treat Bag" and a couple fun updos you can do using this hairstyle.  :)

15 comments:

Brooke said...

Ha! I love this one. Too cool!

Beth said...

So cute! And how did you make the spider? It looks like a sparkly fuzzy ball with korker ribbons for legs, and cute ribbon for the spider's bow, then some little googly eyes.

Noreen said...

Wow! Fantastic and wonderful hair creations and ideas!! Your model is super cute, too! I had an idea you might be able to use. Break off the blade from a cheap sharp knife or two, and then add them to her hair as though they are actually stuck. Or a toy hatchet would work, too. But perhaps this is too goulish for a little sweetie! Thanks for sharing your fun creations.

Jill said...

Wow! That's just amazing!

Julie said...

Beth: That's exactly right! I used 2 fuzzy balls and then just made sure to glue the korkers underneath the ribbon that went along the clip.
Noreen: nothing is too ghoulish and I LOVE that idea! If I make it through my list of styles before Halloween, I will try it out! If not, it will definitely be on my list for next Halloween! Thanks for the great idea!

Unknown said...

Ahem, hem hem... Yep, okay, you win! Awesome Halloween hair! I have been so lazy with hair lately and my little miss has only want "just" piggies and ponies... you're making me feel totally inadequate! LOL! ;) Really though, it's just adorable!

Julie said...

lol, oh Merynne you're AMAZING with hair! I'm just trying to cram everything in quickly because my princess is growing to fast and I will miss it when she doesn't want me touching her hair anymore. :)

Precious Henshaw said...

Wow, I am knocked speechless! This looks fantastic!!! (Well, I guess I'm not so speechless after all) :)

UntrainedHairMom said...

Wow, that looks amazing! Very creative, love the spiders :)

LD said...

Very cute. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I tried this for my daughter's Halloween party and everyone loved it. I put the spider rings in her hair all over because I didn't have a spider bow or time to make one when I found your website last week. We absolutely love you hairdo's and my daughter can't wait for me to try some new things with her hair. She's only 3 but loves all of the cool things we see on your website. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love love LOVE this!! Wish I had seen it before my wedding... I have 6 girls who will thank you as much as myself for ur tips!

Unknown said...

Do you have this on video I really love it?

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Designers Handbags Outlet said...

For WGSN, convertible clothing and modular garments were a prominent factor in its report, features linked to both travel and sports performance, two lifestyle characteristics definitive of the evolving mindset. One of the organisation's primary Yeezy Boost For Sale focuses was the interchangeable sneaker, which it said would transform the typical trainer into Luxury Bag Sale an outdoor-ready item with accessible versatility. It also emphasised this feature within clothing, making garments baggage-friendly with multiple-end uses, providing items that are easier to pack on-the-go. Another thing that sets Ethan apart is his attention to detail. He pays close attention to fit and proportion, ensuring that every piece of clothing he Golden Goose Shoes wears is Alexander McQueen Outlet the right Off-White Sneakers size and shape for his body type. He embraces these gritty aspects as equally formative to the Land of Liberty as the homestead towns, Jordan 1 For Sale gold rush bonanzas and 1950s Hollywood glamour that captivate our popular imagination. Prices for Willy Chavarria goods vary depending on the item Air Jordan 4s On Sale at hand. While the brand's long-line coats typically retail for 2,000 dollars, its workwear-inspired jackets and bombers range from 320 to 650 dollars. Meanwhile, the brand's basics, such as its crewneck Sport Shoes Sale sweaters and oversized t-shirts sit between 100 and 350 dollars. Whether fashion, fine jewellery, home, or beauty - at Moda, we don't carry everything. Fuelled by the Y2K 'Indie Sleaze' trend, designers looked back to the 1990s, resulting Nike Air Force 1 in a revival of the Grunge aesthetic. One could speculate that Vuitton is working towards a future without a creative director entirely, but if one assumes that there is a succession plan for Abloh, Nike Dunk then Louis Vuitton is taking an unusually long time to establish it.